They are submitted and completely out of my hands for now! :) I have completed all FIVE state fair entries and took them over to the fairgrounds this afternoon. I will be posting a picture a day of each project, so you can see all of the final pieces.
We will be going over later this week after the judging and I will post any results at that time.
First, one of my chicken egg entries.
This egg was originally supposed to be a pumpkin, but I could not find my orange paint and the mix I created up ended up making a beautiful copper hue. I couldn't bring myself to paint over this gorgeous color, so I ended up crafting an acorn instead.
This is one of those wonderful times when a mistake turns out better than the original idea. :)
Yet, the leaf itself still did not have the weight to hold the acorn steady, so I created a second base for it, then covered it with simulated ground cover and grass.
17 in 2017 - April Report
6 hours ago