Monday, October 8, 2012

Which came first, the egg or the pumpkin?

You saw me turn a chicken egg into an acorn, for my next trick, how about a pumpkin? :)


So, I finally managed to get a chicken egg the appropriate color of orange.  The challenge with this piece was that I could not create a base of any type around it.  I had to scrap my original idea and come up with something that would be able to sit on a provided egg base, but still had no idea if it would really work or not.


Needless to say, I held my breath when the organizers went and placed it in the display.  Guess what, it held!  I was so happy and breathed a huge sigh of relief.


To finish off that moment of triumph, a family came by, looking at the displays as they dropped off some of their childrens' entries and the father actually pointed to my egg and commented on how "neat" it looked. :)

It is always so flattering and uplifting when a stranger comments on your work and has no idea you are standing beside them.

No comments:

Post a Comment