Friday, October 12, 2012

The Results are In!!

We made it to the Fair and had a blast!  I buy our tickets early so we get a discounted price, but it can still be expensive, so you want to make the most of your time there.  We paid a little extra for parking, but it was worth it since we were right across the street from the fairgrounds and everyone was SO nice!


Of course, you have to sample the fair food...in all of it's fried glory.  One of our favorite vendors does amazing cheese sticks/cubes/melty goodness.  Here is a jalapeno pepper jack with jalapeno ranch dressing.


So worth the calorie count!  Followed by Italian sausages and more fried foods.


After the food, we decided to walk off all of those calories by checking out some of the livestock exhibits.  Look at the adorable bunnies!






We finally made it to the Handicrafts and Hobbies exhibit.  To my shock and amazement, every single entry won a ribbon!

Here are the results!

My acorn egg won First Place AND Best of Show for the egg decorating competition.


My pumpkin egg won a Third Place ribbon among some beautiful entries!


My Gnome Sweet Gnome house also won Third Place in the decorations division.


As did my hermit crab :)


My miniature Koi Pond received a 2nd Place ribbon in the Miniatures category!


I am so thrilled that all of my entries earned a ribbon of some form.  We also had a great time and won some stuffed animals at the balloon dart toss, as well as the ping pong ball game for goldfish.  I refused to bring home any fish, so the lady let me have a stuffed one instead :)


We also did a turkey shoot for the first time!  My boyfriend did a much better job than I did (his two targets are on the right, mine are on the left and are less..holey) :)  We would have won, but one guy was just a smidge closer to the crosshairs. It was still an amazing time!

2 comments:

  1. I am not surprised about all of the ribbons. You did an amazing job on the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news. Your entries are awesome.

    ReplyDelete