Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Heigh-ho, Hermit the Crab

As you might have seen in previous posts, I also dabble with hermit crabs.  I have always loved the real animal and for years, I wanted to sculpt in a real shell.  I collected shells for several years, but never could build up my nerves to actually make one until a couple of years ago.



He turned out perfect.  He was also quickly given away to a friend and I began making many more.  I don't work with them as much as I used to..but I always enjoy picking out just the right shell to match the right crab. 


Often, I try to sculpt the crab from a chosen shell, only to have the crab "decide" that it wants a different shell to match it's personality.  Yes, I'm odd.  :)  You know this little guy just wants to crawl home with you.




1 comment: