Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Work Table Wednesday

The final touches have been added to the Santa Cthulhu and he is getting ready to travel to his new home.  Hopefully the snowballs won't melt, considering how warm it is here at the moment!


As I finish up a couple of more sculptures, I will be embarking on a new project..trying to mesh a couple of techniques into one item.  As it progresses, I will post pictures along the way for you to see.

When I came home tonight, I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me!  Star from Coltpixy.com and I did an exchange recently...I sent her a miniature koi pond, hermit crab with betta fish and a snail necklace...in return, she sent me this gorgeous black and white mosaic keepsake box that she created using multiple techniques, including Sutton Slice, stamping and sculpting. 


It's absolutely amazing and pictures cannot do it justice, because it is so beautiful.  And let me tell you something...working with white clay is probably one of the hardest things to master...the fact that she was able to blend white and black polymer clays in such an elegant fashion continues to amaze me!


If you haven't checked out her blog or her Etsy shop...you really should!  She is one of the most talented artists I have the pleasure of knowing and I am honored to call her a friend.

 An even bigger surprise were these three little treasures tucked safely inside of the jewelry box!  A tiny, miniature mask that is just gorgeous in detail, a bunny booty pendant, which she is a master at making and a gorgeous tiny glass bottle that she created.  I have collected mini bottles and vases since I was young..Star did not know this, but she has sent me something that immediately reminded me of my collection and happy times. :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like them!
    I am amazed that you can even make a scary Cthulhu look charming. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete