Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mini Koi!

Ok, so I could not wait until Wednesday to share these little guys...



After sitting down to continue working on the miniature backyard pond, I realized something crucial..it was too big for my UV lamp, if I am to use the UV resin to create the water effect.  So, I worked on creating a new pond that is smaller and more compact (you will see it on Work Table Wednesday). 

Of course, the next step for any pond is to stock it full of koi...or at least, that's always been my belief.  I love koi.  They are beautiful fish that can reach amazing sizes.  These little guys however is probably the smallest miniature I have ever attempted and they will never grow past their 1cm long status.


I actually had so much fun working on these guys, I might have to do some more...and go into more detail.  Since these fellows will be swimming in resin, I didn't go into a great amount of detail, but rather worked on capturing the essence of the koi and their movements instead.  I hopefully did that...


3 comments:

  1. They are so cool! You could use a 2 part resin like Castin'Craft. I have cast cured polymer clay inside it with great results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thanks for the suggestion, Star. I've always looked at Castin'Craft, but wasn't sure how it worked with clay. That's great to know!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete