Saturday, October 30, 2010

Aquarium Delights

Ever since I was a child, the water has called to me.  I love to swim: pools, lakes, oceans, any body of water works for me.  Probably some of it is due to the fact that I was born under the astrological sign of Cancer the crab.  If I cannot be swimming or scuba diving, I have to surround myself with other forms of water. 

The one decoration that must always be in my house is some type of aquarium.  I am at great peace when I sit and watch my fish swim lazily to and fro through the artificial environment I have created for them.  In fact, I usually go into so much detail in creating their environment that I’ve had friends ask me to design their aquariums for them.

At the moment, I have a lonely betta swimming in an aquarium in my living room.  Dagon alternates between the sunken treasure chest at the bottom of his tank and the surface where he drifts on the tiny current created by the pump.  

These fish, created by my fellow guildmates in Polymer Clay Smooshers, I would gladly add to my aquarium to be companions of Dagon.

He looks a bit shy to me and soo cute!
 
He's just peeking out to say hi!

I believe this silvery fellow would give Dagon a run for his money

  and what fish pond or large aquarium is not complete without a representative of the koi family in their shimmery splendor


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful items you picked for your post! I LOVE your betta's name, that's nice, I've got to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by!

    Yes, we have a theme going...our cats are Arkham and Bedlam, Dagon is our betta...maybe that is why my house is always in total chaos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post...awesome fish!

    ReplyDelete