Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Gifts, Part 2

I am so excited for this evening!  A friend and I are going to see the Nutcracker Ballet!  I have always wanted to see a live production of it and have watched it for years on the public broadcasting stations while usually wrapping gifts.

I am giving her this as a surprise for her holiday gift.  She has made me three beautiful mugs in her pottery studio and she loves cats, having two of her own, so I thought she would like this design.


Surprisingly, it was very hard to get a good picture of this piece.  There are so many colors incorporated, but pictures definitely do not do it justice.  I used multiple watercolors and mica powders to add color to the scene of this cat looking out over the sunrise (or perhaps sunset)? 

1 comment:

  1. You will love the Nutcracker. For all of my adult years, Nutcracker tickets have been my birthday present. This is the first year I won't be seeing it. Ted tried to find a performance, but the Nutcracker isn't to be found in Hokkaido.

    ReplyDelete