Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blue and Gold?

One of the joys of taking up a hobby is bring happiness to the people that are most important in your life.  After informing my grandmother a couple of weeks ago that I had started making jewelry, she asked me for a favor.

She had been looking for years for light denim blue earrings.  Complaining that the only ones she could find were always silvertone, she asked if I could possibly fashion her gold tone earrings that featured that light blue.

I took the challenge on with a relish, though I admit that I always preferred blue with silver.  After making the earrings, I was so pleased with the results that I created a bracelet to match them for her.

I plan to ship these out soon, but wanted to share them with you.  Even when you think something will not work, you should always give it a try.  You might be surprised by the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment