Thursday, April 19, 2012

Creature Colors

So, the mysterious tentacle beast continues to progress and grow...

The creature has been baked, after carefully positioning the tentacles prior to baking.


As you can see, the tentacles overlap, writhing and grasping each other.  There is madness behind my reasoning.  I have a lot of ideas for this piece and how it's going to be finished.

First thing, though, that ugly flesh colored clay had to go!


I used a mixture of acrylic paints and mica powders to get the iridescent shine that can be (somewhat) seen in this piece.  The pictures really do not do it justice.


A closeup shot that I just like.  You can still see the indentations that the vase made when it was propping up the tentacles.  That's okay...it has already been covered in the next step, which I will be sharing with you very soon. :)


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what the finished project will be. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete