Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend, for those able to celebrate it!  I have been working on a couple of projects, but I spent most of my weekend shopping for new supplies to play with! 

I picked up some Super Sculpey for the first time, along with some new wooden bases, wire for armatures and I placed an order for Magic Sculpt, after reading about it for the past month.


When I wasn't planning new projects, I was trying out new recipes.  I stumbled across this yummy Broccoli-Cheese Soup recipe on my new favorite site, Pinterest.  We did make some minor adjustments...I added three more cups of milk/cream and another two cups of chicken stock.  Next time, I'll bump up the roux to make a thicker soup, but it tasted amazing with fresh broccoli and cheddar cheese.

Here's a picture of how it turned out...before it disappeared! :D  Excuse the messy bowl...it tasted too good to clean up the picture and I couldn't resist the smell any longer!



1 comment:

  1. Going to try that soup recipe this weekend. It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete