Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tribal Challenge Pieces

Every month, the Polymer Clay Smooshers guild has a theme challenge that is voted on by our fans.  This month, the challenge is Tribal.  

There have been some great entries so far on our forums, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek at my entries:

Megalodon Polymer Tooth Key Chain

This piece was inspired by my love of fossils and collecting them.  I have been on digs hunting for megalodon teeth and even have a small one, about 1.5" in length.  For the record, the really good teeth measure about six inches in length.  These prehistoric sharks were huge!

 Tribal Orca key chain
My Tribal Orca key chain was inspired by my love for orcas.  Ever since I was seven years old, I have studied about orcas and their cetacean cousins.  This piece was inspired by the Inuit style of totems that I have seen. 

2 comments: