Monday, January 17, 2011

The month has flown by!

2011 has arrived and we are already halfway through the first month of the New Year.  It always amazes me how quickly time passes, and it seems to be moving faster with each passing year.


I want to catch everyone up on a few things that I have been working on this month.  First, the Polymer Clay Smooshers Guild had a challenge due at the beginning of this month with the theme being "Mythology."  Below is just a few of the many entries that we had..please check out all of them and their corresponding stores here!

There were so many wonderful and fabulous creations that were submitted.  Fans were then allowed to vote on our new challenge for the month.  The theme, "Fairy Tales" won out and we have all jumped on the many ideas that this new theme brings.  I have finished my first project, though I have not taken the final pictures yet.  I hope to do so tomorrow and I will post the updated pictures once they are finished.  But for now, here's a sneak peek at my "The Fox & the Grapes."

 

I have a few ideas for my second piece (and a third that I might go ahead and do, just for fun).  I often have to sketch out my ideas to see if I will be able to take the vision in my mind and transfer it into a clay creation.  With any luck, I'll have new creations by this next weekend for you to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment